Uncovering the Logic of English helps educators break the complex code of English with simple rules.
Award-winning author Denise Eide demonstrates the effectiveness of systematic phonics to develop a transformed understanding of high-frequency, sight, decodable, and irregular words.
Written in an engaging and easy-to-follow style, Uncovering the Logic of English sheds light on our society's literacy crisis and provides a wealth of reading and spelling tools to help any student succeed.
This book is suitable for teachers looking to expand their reading curriculum, adults struggling with spelling, English Language Learners who want to improve their pronunciation and parents teaching their children at home.
- Do you know a student who is good at math or science but struggles with reading or spelling?
- Has a student ever asked you a question about English spelling to which you replied, "That's an exception"?
- Have you ever abandoned a word while writing because spell check didn't recognize it?
Predominant reading methods require students to break the complex code of English without help. This has resulted in low literacy rates and explains why many highly educated professionals cannot spell. By revealing the logical patterns underlying 98% of English words, Uncovering the Logic of English eliminates the need to guess and provides a logical solution to English spelling.
Simple answers are given for questions such as:
- Why is there a silent final E in have?
- Why don't we drop the E in noticeable?
- Why is discussion spelled with -sion rather than -tion?
ForeWord Reviews - Finalist 2012
Midwest Book Awards - Winner 2012
Independent Publisher Book Awards - Silver Medalist 2011
Indie Excellence Awards - Gold Medalist 2011
Benjamin Franklin Awards - Finalist 2012